As you have discovered various social problems transcend different locations and communities. Now you will have the chance to embark on a project that will help you explore and further understand how social problems exist in the various parts of the real world. Perhaps you fill that these problems are similar and/or different from the ones that impacts your own community.
How should you go about this assignment?
To complete this project you will:
- Pick one social problem and discuss how this impacts your own community, the nation, and the entire world.
- Create a visual presentation of this problem using PowerPoint supported by research documenting this problem on different levels (local, national, global). If you are unfamiliar with these tools, please view the tutorial here.
- You should also discuss the varied social structures that underlie this problem such as political, economic, education, and socio-economic status.
- Using a combination of your own pictures and internet photos, document a social problem existing in different communities (local, national, and global). Include at least 3 of your own photos of your local community.
- Create an 8-10 slide PowerPoint presentation that demonstrates this social problem and explain what social structures underlie this problem.
- Note: Integrate and cite at least 2 outside academic sources in your presentation.
What should you include in your PowerPoint assignment?
In your 8-10 slide PowerPoint presentation please include:
- A title slide that fully identifies the social problem
- Six-to-eight slides that fully demonstrates the social problem in different locations (local, national, and global level) in relation to underlying social structures
- Photos to document the social problem, at least 3 of your own portraying your local community
- A final slide that fully summarizes how the social problems impacts all three locations
A reference slide that includes citations to all referenced material in APA format